Gear Up for Solo’s Online Model Search 2013 Featuring Kikomachine!
Do you think you have what it takes to become a model? Kickstart your modeling career by joining the Solo Online Model Search 2013! For 4 years, Solo has continuously made dreams come true each year for one lucky man and one lucky lady, allowing them to be the face of a new Solo campaign. Now it’s your turn! Running on its 5th year, it gets bigger and better as Solo brings out Kikomachine Komix as the highlight. All you have to do is buy an item from Solo’s Pinoy Cartoonist Memorabilia Series featuring Kikomachine and pose with the theme Street Life. Contest will run from August 15 until October 15. The 2 grand winners, one boy and one girl, will be the new faces for Solo’s next campaigns for 2014. So what are you waiting for? Live out your dreams and get the chance to be the next brand ambassadors for Solo!
To join the competition, follow these steps:
Step 1: Read the Contest Mechanics below for the complete set of rules.
Step 2: Wear one (1) Kiko Machine or more purchased item(s) in your photo entry.
Step 3: Have your photo taken by your artist/photographer and create your entry using any image editing software. Your entry should be 8.5 x 8.5 inches, 300DPI Resolution, and JPEG File. One or several of the supplied design element from the Solo Design Pack may be part of your submission. Embed Solo and Kikomachine logos in your entry. (Click this to download the SOLO Design Pack)
Step 4: Log on to your Facebook account, go to SOLO Facebook Page and upload your entry via the Solo Online Model Search Facebook App/Tab along with the name of your entry, name of model and graphic artist/photographer and contact information and address. Your entry will be screened by our moderators and will be uploaded on to the Solo Online Model Search Facebook App/Tab.
Step 5: Wait for Solo to upload your entry on Solo Online Model Search Facebook App/Tab. Once uploaded, invite your friends to vote for your entry on the Solo Online Model Search Facebook App/Tab. Voting ends October 27 and is 20% of the criteria. Pose and have fun!
- Individuals must read the Terms and Conditions or Mechanics before participating in the contest. Joining in the contest means that the Participant has read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
- Read the Contest Mechanics for the complete set of rules.
- Contest is from August 15 – October 15, 2013. Submission of entries is until October 15 but voting ends October 27, 2013.
- Every purchase of a SOLO Pinoy Cartoonist Memorabilia featuring Manix Abrera’s Kiko Machine apparel entitles a customer to join SOLO’S ONLINE MODEL SEARCH 2013 CONTEST.
- Contestant must be Male or Female, at least 15 years old, currently and will be residing in the Philippines for at least 8 months after the duration of contest, have a remarkable/unique Solo Personality and doesn’t have a modeling/endorsement contract with a clothing line or competing label. Contestants below 18 will be required to submit a parental consent letter.
- Online Model Search contestant can be an individual or a team which consists of a model and a graphic artist/photographer.
- Wear one Kiko Machine purchased item in your photo entry. You may mix other pieces of clothing, but with no apparent/visible/noticeable branding from other brands. You are encouraged to accessorize. Innovation/Alteration is allowed but the majority of the print should stay intact. Props to show personality is allowed. Full face and body of the model should be visible. THEME of the photo entry contest is Street Life.
- Download the Solo Design Pack HERE. Create your entry using any image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or GIMP. Images should be: 8.5 x 8.5 inches, at least 300DPI Resolution, and JPEG File. One or several of the supplied design element from the SOLO Design pack may be part of your submission. Embed Solo and Kikomachine logos in your entry.
- When you’re ready to submit, log on to your Facebook account. Go to SOLO Facebook Page and upload your entry via the Solo Online Model Search Facebook App/Tab, along with the name of your entry, name of model and graphic artist/photographer and contact information and address. Your entry will be screened by our moderators and will be uploaded on to the Solo Online Model Search Facebook App/Tab within 7 business days upon submission.
- During screening, Solo has the right not to post entries which do not follow the guidelines set or those which do not adhere to Solo’s image. See Mechanics Item numbers 5, 6, 7 and 8 for the guidelines. If entry does not meet ALL the requirements, it will be disapproved. The applicant will be notified of the reason.
- Models can only submit one (1) entry while photographers can have one (1) or more partner models.
- Anyone who has a facebook account and a fan of Solo’s facebook page may vote. Log in to your account, go to Solo’s facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/MySoloOnline) and click the Solo Online Model Search Facebook App/Tab to go to the voting app. Click the check box to vote for you favorite entry. Only one vote per entry per person, but can vote for as many entries as you want. Voting starts August 15 and ends on October 27, 2013, 12PM.
- All entries will be judged according to the following criteria (Round 1): 20% Voter’s Choice and 80% Solo’s Choice (50% for Being Photogenic, 20% for Creativity and Styling and 10% Layout) for a total of 100%. The highest scorers: 10 Male Photo Entries and 10 Female Photo Entries will be the finalists.(Date and Time of judging of entries and determination of winners, see item No. 23)
- The 20 finalists will have a go-see and interview with the judges at Elite Garments International Inc office at 996 Pablo Ocampo St., Malate, Manila on November 22, 2013 at 10AM. First come, first serve.
- All 20 Finalists will be judged at the Go-see & actual interview to the following criteria: 80% appearance and 20% Interview for a total of 100%.
- Grand Winners will be determined based on the following criteria: 50% Average Score from Photo Entry (Round 1) and 50% Average Score based from Go-see and actual interview score (Round 2). 100% being the highest.
- Grand Winners include Male Model for Winning Male Photo Entry and his partner Graphic Artist /Photographer for Winning Male Photo Entry, Female Model for Winning Female Photo Entry and her partner Graphic Artist /Photographer for Winning Female Photo Entry.
- Model Grand winners will receive P 30,000 in cash each and P 15,000 Solo Gift Certificates each. Gift certificates are not convertible to cash and are valid until fully consumed.
- Grand winners will also have a chance to have two photo shoots with Doc Marlon, a well-known photographer in fashion industry, appear in Solo Billboard, in-store photos, popular blogs and press releases.
- Graphic Artist/Photographer winners will receive P 10,000 cash each.
- If the contestant is both the model and the photographer/graphic artist, he/she will receive both prizes for winning model and winning graphic artist/photographer.
- Grand winners will be asked for at least 2 campaign photo shoots for the brand within a year, Solo has the right to use the photos for all their marketing collaterals.
- The judging of finalists and grand winners will be held at Elite Garments International Inc. Office at 996 Pablo Ocampo Sr. St., Malate, Manila. Determination of the 20 finalists on October 29, 2013 at 5PM, Go-see and interview of the 20 finalists is on November 22, 2013 at 10AM and the determination of the grand winners with a DTI representative is on November 29, 2013 at 5PM. A participant can only win once.
- A DTI representative will be present during the determination of finalists and grand winners.
- The finalists and grand winners will be notified through phone and registered e-mail.
- The first ten (10) model contestants will receive 1,000 worth of Gift Certificate from Solo.
- Prizes shall be claimed at Elite Garments International office, 996 Pablo Ocampo Sr. St., Malate, Manila. For provincial winners, prizes shall be claimed at the nearest Solo store as identified in the registered mail.
- Redemption of prizes is within 60 days from date of notification. Prizes not claimed within sixty (60) days shall be forfeited with prior DTI approval.
- When claiming the prizes, the winners must present the registered notice plus two (2) valid ID’s.
- Elite Garments International shall shoulder the 20% tax issued for prizes exceeding P10,000.
- All employees of Elite Garments International and their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the contest.
- Solo reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any participant who submits an entry that is not approved with the Terms and Conditions or Mechanics of the contest.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Solo and not to Facebook. The information that you provide will only be used for the purposes of this promotion.