Interview with Solo Online Model Search 2012 Winners
Solo welcomes the summer with its 2 winners of Solo’s Online Model Contest 2012! Derek Espinosa, 20, and Ganiel Krishnan,18, were chosen among the many hopefuls. Read on to know more about the grand winners, below is our interview with them during the SOLO Summer 2013 campaign shoot.
Interview with the male winner, Derek Espinosa.
- Tell us about yourself. I’m a model and a business management student at Entrepreneur School of Asia at the same time. I love sports such as basketball, swimming, running and more.
- Why do you want to work as a model? What led you to join this contest? I want to model because I believe I was born to model. I joined the contest because I’m 100% sure there’ll be a lot of opportunities for me after this contest.
- What are your goals or what do you hope to accomplish as Solo’s ambassador? My goal in life is to become a successful businessman. As the ambassador of Solo apparel, I want to accomplish everything that the brand want me to.
- What personality traits do you think you have that should make you a good model? I have a kind heart and a versatile personality that a good model must develop or possess.
- What do you like about the brand SOLO? Solo is a fashionable clothing line fit for the adventurous fashionistas.
- What do you think SOLO can bring you? I believe that Solo can give me more opportunities for my career.
- How was your experience with the shoot? How is it like working with SOLO team? I thank God for giving me the opportunity to work with the Solo team, most especially to the photographer Doc Marlon Pecjo, Ms. Dian and her team and to my manager Toni Kimpo for believing in my skills and capacity.
Interview with the female winner, Ganiel Krishnan.
- Tell us about yourself. I’m Ganiel but my friends call me Gan, I’m half Indian-Filipino, I have four sisters and we all love modelling, I love playing keyboard and guitar, My first love is singing. I’m also a star magic artist and loves to act, I played different character on screen which gives me a lot more confidence in portraying roles.
- Why do you want to work as a model? What led you to join this contest? Since I was a kid I love doing poses which makes my mom so happy, I didn’t know I would fit into this kind of industry because back then I was so shy to even share my talent or even speak few words in front of people, When I realized that some people really appreciate my talent I grew confident and tried, and so I developed my potential and since i wanted to help my family I became more responsible with my time and more appreciative of chances that are given to me.
- What are your goals or what do you hope to accomplish as Solo’s ambassador? Being a SOLO Ambassadress is such a big honor because not everyone is given an opportunity to model a clothing line that has such unique designs and cuts.
- What personality traits do you think you have that should make you a good model? I think what makes a good model is time management, healthy diet and courtesy, Being a model is not about having skinny body or being tall, its about how you bring yourself and the clothes you wear.
- What do you like about the brand SOLO? SOLO gives a good variety of clothes that gives youth and young at heart the confidence to go to their hangouts and show off their personalities through their fashion sense.
- What do you think SOLO can bring you? SOLO can bring me to different range of high fashion.
- How was your experience with the shoot? How is it like working with SOLO team? Being in the solo shoot was a very wonderful experience, It was one of my major shoot, Doc Marlon did the shoot and he was really nice and artistic. His creativeness inspired me to do much better on other shoots to come.
The Summer collection consists of bikinis, tops and shorts, the collection boasts a fun and bright theme, befitting the vibe of what summer is all about. This season, Solo incorporates popular trends to its collection such as stripes, color blocking and Aztec prints. For colors, it’s a blend of warm hues such as orange, red and yellow mixed with cool hues such as blue and green.
The summer collection is already out in Solo stores nationwide! Make sure to check it out and have a fashionable, fun-tastic summer!